Content writing has an important role to play in the current scenario of web marketing and e-commerce. With search engine rankings playing a pivotal role in the business strategies, content writing and development has reached new heights. So it is quite distressing when a website fails to get short-listed in the topmost positions of search engine results. It is of the utmost importance to write content that sells. The content should contribute towards a high conversion rate.
Let’s check out how you can make your content writing services more effective.
• The first thing to keep in mind is to keep your style of writing easy and concise. You must keep in mind the online, impatient reader. They will have no time to read highly convoluted forms of writing. The easiest way to retain their attention is to write in simple sentences that convey your point effectively.
• Write in the active voice. Always make it a point to avoid the passive. You should involve the readers. They should not get the feeling that they are reading a sermon. Engage with them in a conversational tone. That’s the only way to turn potential buyers into dedicated customers.
• Using keywords and phrases is another trick of the trade. Effective use of keywords will ensure that your site gets listed in the topmost positions in search engine results.
• Alienating the reader will do no good. You should use words that are common or familiar to your readers. People visit a web site with a particular intent. To gather certain information or to buy something or to subscribe or enroll into a membership.
• Content writing is not about how well informed you are in the English language. It is about establishing a good rapport with your readers. You should have good communication skills. You should be able to communicate complex ideas to others in a simple language.
• Always write from a reader’s point of view. The customer (in this case the reader) plays an important part in online advertising. So it would be good to step into his shoes. To address the issue from his viewpoint. Involve him. That’s the only way of increasing viewer retention.
• Using pompous words and phrases are a strict no-no. Use concise, objective language to communicate effectively. The reader should be able to understand your point. It should not go over his head.
• Write how your readers will be benefited by the services, which you are promoting. You should not only write about the features and services. The stress should lie on how your reader stands to be benefited by that particular service.
• You should write a well-researched content keeping in mind the current market trends.
• Before writing about the topic, you should have a clear idea about it. You should gather information about the particular topic from books, websites, CD-ROM’S.
• Your content should provide useful information. Keep out everything that is irrelevant or unnecessary. It won’t do to beat about the bush. Deviating from the subject in hand will confuse the reader. The only way to keep your reader’s interested is to provide him with the necessary information that he is looking for.
• The heading is the most imperative feature of content writing. Give a suitable heading that draws the attention of the reader. Heading should be within 8-10 words and should be the most significant piece of your writing. It must describe effectively what you are writing about.
• Divide your content into several paragraphs. It should consist of a well thought out introduction, a body and a conclusion.
• Keep your sentences short and descriptive. Lengthy sentences have a negative impact on viewer retention. Ideally your sentences should be within 15-20 words.
• The heading of the article or content should include keywords to ensure search engine optimization.
• Use subheadings to effectively highlight all the points. Subheadings also help readers to go directly to some point or information that they want to obtain. Readers will scroll through your article only when they are convinced that they will find something of interest in it.
• Another thing to keep in mind is not to make the paragraphs too long. Lengthy paragraphs will bore your readers. There should not be more than 40-70 words in a paragraph. Just make your point and keep it short.
• Use of bullets and numberings will make the content attractive and easier to read.
• Important words and quotes should be highlighted throughout.
• Use action oriented words for added emphasis.
• You must proofread in order to avoid redundant phrases and incorrect use of grammar and syntax.
• Edit again and again to see whether the content forms a well connected whole.
Following the points, you should invest your writing with a clarity and style that is irresistible to readers. Clearly state the point you are trying to make and influence your readers to take a decision.