What Is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
Search Engine Optimisation is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via “natural” (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results. ¹
Are You Hiding?
Many websites have great content but are simply hidden from the search engines, like anything in this world if you are hidden you will never be found.
The below article will show you numerous steps that are needed as a minimum to ensure that your website does not go unnoticed.
To achieve high rankings within a search engine requires patience and understanding about your target market.
The techniques I used are not new but hopefully provide a clear and precise path for you to follow.
1) Backup Existing Website
2) Create 3-4 articles based on the products / services your website targets, upload
these articles to article websites ensuring that you provide a link back to your website.
3) Visit Linkpopularity.com to work out total inbound links for Google, Yahoo and MSN
4) Understand and research competition to see the keywords they have used
5) Create unique title; each title should include your chosen keywords.
6) Include meta tags i.e.:
7) Create Overture / AdWords account and add all possible keywords to the account
8) Create a sitemap.html
9) Create Sitemap.xml and upload to Google Sitemaps (http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/)
10) Add webpage to 10-15 paid web directories (pick from http://info.vilesilencer.com/)
11) Add ALT keywords for all main images
12) Create text based links at bottom of page
13) Manual submission of website to directories and search engines
14) Created 404 html file for website
15) Add Google Verify meta tag to index.html
16) Add Google Analytics to ALL PAGES
17) Authenticate domain on Yahoo MY Sites
18) Created inbound links / anchor text
19) Place keywords on front page in BOLD text and/or H1 tags
20) Rename html files to include keywords i.e. support.html, consulting.html etc