This directory is supposed to be Yahoo’s rival.
BIG NOTE: I do not recommend paying for a LookSmart listing at this time. They have pussyfooted about with their pricing for at least a year or more. Now they seem to be changing to Overture’s click-through model.
If you want to check it out for yourself go to submit a site to read about getting your site into LookSmart. Like Yahoo, they have an express listing but they’re charging $299 (but this price could change before I get back here to change it – I believe they’ve been experimenting with their prices). Here are their guidelines for the express listing:
- Your site must be in English.
- Your site should have original content.
- LookSmart does not accept sites that contain pornography, pornographic or adult advertising, gratuitous or graphic violence, material that infringes on or violates someone’s rights, or material that promotes/disseminates illegal activities.
- Your site must contain sufficient pages and recognizable content.
- Your site must be up and running 7 days a week and 24 hours a day.
- Your site should not be under construction and all links should be working.
- Your site must be quick to load.
- Your site cannot be a mirror site (a redirect to a different URL).