Link popularity is one of the most important SEO tools for any webmaster that wants to reach the top of the search engines needs to pursue as much as possible. Link building, which is the process of getting inbound links to your sites from other internet sites, is an extremely important criterion, along with keywords, that search engines use for deciding where a certain website will feature for a particular keyword search. If you are a webmaster who is still unclear about how placing text links to your site is helpful, then read on for the 5 main reasons why you should invest your time and money into link popularity.
1. The first and most direct effect of link popularity for your site is that traffic to your website increases considerably with every well placed link. This is because each and every link acts as an advertisement for your website, and since in most cases, a link is created along with a recommendation, you start getting a lot of relevant traffic that is redirected from the sites carrying your links. Since you are not required to pay for link creation, all this accounts for a large amount of effective yet free advertising.
2. Link popularity is one of the main criteria that Google and other search engines use for deciding upon the ranking of a web page in search engine results. The number of links to your site that exist on related websites and pages is also an important figure used for the calculation of your Google Pagerank. The more back links that you have, the higher your PageRank can be provided the links are coming from high page rank pages.
3. Link popularity can be directly related to your website’s popularity, especially if the links have been created for free. When viewers see links to your site on other sites, then they start looking upon your website as a trustworthy source of information and products. You get established as an expert instead of just being another website. This is especially true if you post your links on blogs, ezines and forums. In the virtual world, gaining this trust can lead to high conversions on your site.
4. A large number of text links back to your site all over the internet actually increase the value of your website. If you some day plan to sell your site to a buyer, then you will get a much higher price for a site that has a number of back links as compared to one that has none.
5. All the advertising and reputation building that link popularity does for you eventually gets reflected where it matters most—the bottom line. Whether you are a website offering information or products, you will undoubtedly start getting higher traffic and conversions proportional to the amount of text links that you have managed to spread in virtual space.
If you are unclear on how increase your link popularity, there are many different companies available on the internet today that are ready and able to help!