21 Ideas to Promote Your Website
21 Ideas to Promote Your Web Site
by Larry Dotson
- Create multiple streams of income with your web site. You could sell your own products, join affiliate programs, sell advertising space, etc.
- Join affiliate programs that go with the theme of your web site. You’ll just be wasting valuable space and time if your visitors aren’t interested in them.
- Check your web site links regularly. After people click on one link, and it doesn’t work, they usually won’t risk wasting their time clicking on another one.
- Start an e-zine for your web site. When people read each issue they’ll be reminded to revisit your web site. They’ll see your product ad more than just once which will increase your orders.
- Sign-up to win web site awards. When you win, some award sites publish your web site link, name and description on their site.
- Carry business cards with you wherever you go. Have your web address printed on them. You can hand them out to anyone you meet.
- Think of a domain name for your web site that’s easy to remember. If you can’t find a good one left, use your actual birth name.
- Position your web site at the top of pay-per-click search engines. You will only pay your set amount for each clickthrough you get to your web site.
- Allow your visitors or customers to increase your traffic or sales. Ask them how you can improve your business, web site or product.
- Make sure your web host isn’t losing your sales. If you get an e-mail from someone that told you that they couldn’t access your site, it might be your host.
- Remember to reach out and touch your visitors offline. When your visitors give you offline contact information use it to send them some direct mail.
- Regularly check and resubmit your web site’s search engine rankings. They can drop very quickly because of all the competition.
- Create a good first impression. You will not be able to sell very many products if your visitors think your web site looks unprofessional.
- Ask people online to review your web site. You can use the comments you get to improve your web site or you may turn the reviewer into a customer.
- Tell people about your site whenever you get a chance. Those people will tell other people and so on. It’s a cheap way to multiply your advertising.
- Write and send press releases for your web site. Use a strong headlines, make it newsworthy, and tell the journalist why their readers would like it.
- Write articles and submit them to e-zines, web sites and magazines that accept article submissions. Include your business information and web address at the end of the article.
- Use problems to attract online traffic. Find a common online problem and use your web site to solve it. People will visit and see your ads.
- Participate on message boards. Post answers to other people’s questions, ask questions and post appropriate information. Include your signature file at the end of all your postings.
- Give visitors a positive experience when they’re at your web site. Provide them with original content and free stuff. They’ll tell all of their friends about it.
- Promote your products within the content of your web site. If you write and offer free articles tie in a mention of the product or service you’re selling.