by Larry Dotson
1. How To Articles: they include detailed step by step instructions. Examples: how to publish your e-zine, how to promote your business, how to attract visitors to your web site.
2. Tips: they are usually small pieces of information about the size of a paragraph. Examples: tips on using a product, tips on doing your taxes.
3. Top Lists: they are a group of tips listed in order, usually numbered from first to last. Examples: top 7 ways to get to the top of search engines, top 10 ways to market your product.
4. News Articles: they can include news about your industry or company information. Examples: joint ventures, new product releases, special events, overseas activity
5. Interview Articles: they could include interviews from customers, employees and experts. Examples: interview an employee that won an award, an expert related to your industry, a satisfied customer, people profiles.
6. Publications: they include information that’s bundled together to take with the person. Examples: ebooks, reports, software, auto responder information.
7. Business History Articles: they include information about your business. Examples: years in business, goals your business has accomplished, community affairs, financial information.
8. Product Articles: they include information about your product or services. Examples: new products, improvements to existing products, new accessories.
9. Visual Content: they include visual helpers that help explains, shows or supports an example. Examples: charts, photos, graphics, graphs.
10. Entertaining Content: they include humorous and off beat information. Examples: contests; quizzes, trivia, puzzles, games, cartoons.
11. Excerpts: they include information used from other resources for different purposes, but can also support your business. Examples: journal articles, transcripts of seminars, reprints, speeches, press releases.
12. Technology Content: they are new technologies you can use to present your content. Examples: audio clips, streaming video, MP3 files.