The description tag is not used by every search engine. But it is used by most of them. So it is beneficial to have it on your page.
Write the Description
- Think about these two questions:a. What is this page about?
b. Who is the target of this page? Inotherwords, who do you want to come to your practice page?
- Make your description simple and to the point. Lure them to your page. Use keywords if you can, but make it sound exciting! Tell them about what makes your site unique. If you can throw in the word “free”, “discount”, or “resources” do it here. Also if you can solve their problem quickly, tell them about it. People are always looking for a bargain and they are always looking for a quick solution.
- Try to limit character count to 150.
- Remember to put your most important info first, because some engines will cut off the description after the first 150 characters.
- Here is a good description (notice we didn’t try cramming all keywords, we concentrated more on the content):Offering eductional toys, wooden boats and puzzles. Free letter from Santa with purchase of two or more toys! Online ordering and overnight delivery.