How to Create E-Books and Drive Traffic to Your Site
By Shelley Lowery
E-books or Electronic books are self-contained “executable” files of HTML. This HTML may be a web site you’ve created or HTML you’ve specifically prepared to be compiled into a downloadable .exe file for distribution. When downloaded, this file will self install on your clients desktop.
All e-book compilation software is not created equal. Make sure you review its capabilities before your purchase.
E-books can provide the Internet marketer one of the best promotional tools online. With its vast variety of uses, just one quality e-book development and distribution can produce an on going promotional tool that will work 24 hours a day, seven days a week and multiply itself by leaps and bounds. Your e-book can literally be viewed by millions simply by giving it away…
- Marketing – Provide your sales network with your complete sales presentation to freely distribute with their ID to track sales.
- Promotion – Provide valuable information on a specific subject to bring traffic to your site.
- E-zine Archives – E-zine publishers can provide their publication archives to enable subscribers to read back issues on their desktop, visit your web site, subscribe, submit ads, etc.
- Catalogs – Provide a desktop catalog for you customers to view on their desktop. You can even provide a form to accept orders right through your e-book.
- How To Manuals – Provide your affiliates with a complete “how to” manual for marketing, advertising and promoting your products.
- Electronic Books – Writers can offer their books in an electronic version.
- Web Site – Create an electronic version of your web site to place on disk and be viewed on your clients desktop.
- Instructional – Provide an electronic training manual.
Creating an e-book is just like creating a website. Simply create your HTML pages just like you would for your website. Make sure you select a good software package that allows you to include hyperlinks, graphics, search, forms, etc. Keep in mind, the more professional, content-rich your e-book, the more exposure it will receive.
There are several software packages available online to assist you in compiling your e-book. Prices range from $149 — $189.
For massive exposure, select a subject with a broad appeal. If the focus of your site is on website traffic, consider creating an e-book on generating traffic. I.E. “A complete “how-to” guide to generating massive traffic to your site”. Include several references to your site throughout your e-book such as: “For even more great traffic generating tips, visit “Traffic Tips” Your complete source for generating massive traffic to your web site. http://www.yoursite.com” or “Winning awards can dramatically increase traffic to your site. For a complete listing of award sites, visit “Traffic Tips Award Sites” http://www.yoursite.com/awardsites.
Tips for creating your e-book:
- Create a directory on your computer to include ALL the files for your E-book. These files will include HTML, graphics, backgrounds, etc.
- E-books should contain mainly text. Try to limit your banners to one per page. To keep your file size down, you may want to use only non-animated banners.
- E-books are generally formatted at a small screen resolution so make sure your pages are viewable through any screen size.
- Include good navigational links throughout your pages.
- Use spell check to search for any possible spelling errors.
For massive distribution, make sure you include a short paragraph on your main page in regard to your copyrights and distribution. I.E., This E-book may be freely distributed.
Sample Example of Distribution:
10 of your visitors download your e-book.
Your 10 visitors each give away 10 e-books – 100
Those 100 each give away 10 e-books – 1000
Those 1000 each give away 10 e-books – 10,000
Those 10,000 each give away 10 e-books – 100,000
Those 100,000 each give away 10 e-books – 1,000,000
This is just a small example of how powerful your free e-book can be…
Shelley is the publisher of Marketing Adzine – Marketing, Advertising & Promotional solutions for the entrepreneur. Visit her site to subscribe. Are You Utilizing the Promotional Power of E-books? Sponsor banner & classified advertising, Customized e-books with your logo, & e-book compilation. Free E-books! Web-Source.net Reach her at [email protected]